3 rod limit
- A maximum of three rods at all times.
No braided line allowed
Line must be mono between 0.35mm and 0.40mm (15lb-20lb)
- Hooks must be sizes 4-6-8 micro barbed with straight shanks
- ( if unsure ask before you come or buy Korda wide gape hooks )
- No leaders or leadcore are permitted in whatever form.
- ( your mainline must be tied directly to the rig swivel )
- Large landing net with soft mesh, 42 inches (105cm) minimum.
- All anglers will have their rigs and set up checked before fishing.
Strictly Boilies only.
Our own particle and pellet is available onsite at very reasonable prices.
- Fish care
- All anglers must have antiseptic to treat the carp where necessary.
- ( Anyone arriving without antiseptic will need to buy it from us before fishing )
We have a specific way of handling our carp during capture.
We will show you a superb system that is very easy when you arrive.
It involves keeping the carp in the water at all times so we recommend waders.
- No sacks allowed on the complex
Please be aware that the rules we have in place on the complex are for the future benefit of the angler, the fish and the fishery.
This complex is managed by carp anglers and the implementation of the above rules is considered crucial for the long term good of firstly the fish and the fishery itself.
In the event of any clarification being required by any angler on the complex in relation to any of the rules detailed above please speak to us as we are always happy to explain our reasons for our rules !!
In order to maintain this fishery and the welfare of the fish, during the duration of your stay we will ask you to wind in your rods for a bailiff to check your end tackle.
These checks will take place on several occasions at any time during the week.
You will be banned from this complex if you choose to break the rules as there is really no excuse, catching big carp is easy, looking after them takes respect.
- Freedom Lakes reserve the right to ask any angler in breach of the above rules to pack up and vacate the fishery, with no refund of monies that have previously been paid.
- There is no access to the complex before 11am on your arrival date
- All anglers are requested to vacate their swims by 10:00AM on day of departure.
- The complex gate is locked between 8pm and 8am
Thank you for reading the rules and enjoy your fishing!